Learn all the key aspects of eating a whole food plant-based diet which people wish they knew at the time when they were just starting to eat this way.
Whole Food Plant-Based Diet, healthy plant-based diet, and healthy vegan diet are all terms for one same "lifestyle" or diet which is centered around consuming whole plant-based foods such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and green leafy vegetables, and excludes meat, eggs, and dairy.
No protein? On the contrary!
All plant proteins contain all essential amino acids. Apples, oranges, bananas, avocados, lentils, almonds, you name it!
Boring? On the contrary!
Soups, stews, salads, sandwiches, burgers, burritos, pasta, desserts, thousands of combinations and flavors!
Expensive? On the contrary!
A Whole Food Plant-Based Diet not only costs less than other diets, it costs several times less than some diets.
What You will Learn in this Course
- What is protein, essential amino acids, and how to get protein on a plant-based diet?
- Is plant-based protein complete or incomplete?
- What is the biggest challenge for people eating plant-based, especially athletes?
- What are the advantages of a plant-based diet over a diet that includes animal products?
- Does eating plant-based mean eating just salads or all kinds of tasty meals?
- Where to get plant-based recipes?
- Is eating fruits unhealthy since fruits contain sugar?
- What are the practical functions of fiber and antioxidants and how to get them?
- How do pesticides work and what can be done about them?
- How can people on plant-based diets deal with family, friends, and society?
- How to eat plant-based when out in the city?
- What is vitamin B12 and how to get it?
- Is eating plant-based affordable or expensive?
- Is vegan food always healthy?
- Why chocolate tastes so good to us?
- Where to get iron from on a plant-based diet?
- Is the cost of food only what we pay upfront?
- What are cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer?
- Why isn't the whole world switching to the plant-based diet and what is going on?
- And much more
Hi, my name is Matija,
but you can call me Matty!
As the instructor of this online course, I relish the opportunity to interact with you and share ideas and inspiration! If you have any questions about the course, please contact me at [email protected] and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Matija Matty Biljeskovic ate meat, eggs, and dairy products for almost 30 years of his life during which he was continually active in sports including playing college soccer for a scholarship in USA. He thought he was eating healthy and that it couldn't get any better than that. Then in 2013, he receives information about the advantages of a plant-based diet, decides to put that information to the test through his own experience, and switches to a plant-based diet.
Within less than a month after switching, he gains experiential insight into the superiority of a plant-based diet in terms of endurance, recovery, and energy. Amazed and shocked at the same time, he spends thousands of hours studying science on plant-based nutrition and the human body and then starts sharing his knowledge with others. He has delivered more than 40 public lectures on plant-based nutrition.
Holds a Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (Cornell University, T. Colin Campbell CNS), a Certificate in Plant-Based Cooking (Rouxbe FOK), and more than six years of practical experience in plant-based nutrition.
This course is for individuals who want to eat plant-based
The course covers everything that I wish I knew when I made the switch over to eating a plant-based diet. Through more than 40 video lessons, I share every essential aspect you need to know for going plant-based. From how different food components work and what to eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to being aware of other important factors that play a significant role in our overall health and much more.
Below is the course content where you can get an overview of the topics covered and watch the free video lessons to determine if this course is the right course for you.
- Lesson 01 - Why chocolate tastes soooooo good (10:08)
- Lesson 02 - Fiber the Traffic controllers (2:29)
- Lesson 03 - Carbohydrates and whole grains explained (2:27)
- Lesson 04 - Protein and amino acids explained (1:12)
- Lesson 05 - Antioxidants the Peacemakers (2:13)
- Lesson 06 - Negative ions: Why do we feel euphoric when it rains (1:28)
- Lesson 07 - Vitamins in supplements vs Vitamins in fruits and vegetables (3:35)
- Lesson 08 - Pesticides and GMO explained (3:50)
- Lesson 09 - Boxing match: Plants vs Animals (1:22)
- Lesson 01 - Cardiovascular disease: What really happened to mom (5:25)
- Lesson 02 - Overlooked nutrition lesson from World War II (2:37)
- Lesson 03 - GERD: Why do I keep having a heartburn (1:49)
- Lesson 04 - High blood pressure and salt explained (1:50)
- Lesson 05 - Diabetes and how the body turns food into energy (7:03)
- Lesson 06 - Cancer or cancerlet (7:46)
- Lesson 01 - Vegan does not automatically mean healthy (3:34)
- Lesson 02 - How to make a delicious plant-based breakfast (2:17)
- Lesson 03 - Simple, easy equation for lunch and dinner (2:26)
- Lesson 04 - Iron: Greens, greens, greens (1:47)
- Lesson 05 - What to drink when on a plant-based diet (1:08)
- Lesson 06 - Snacks and loving your guests (2:26)
- Lesson 07 - I can eat in every restaurant that you can eat in (3:40)
- Lesson 08 - Three ways to get Vitamin B12 (1:50)
- Lesson 01 - Where do plant-based athletes get their protein (2:19)
- Lesson 02 - Do plant proteins have to be combined (1:19)
- Lesson 03 - The Montenegrin secret (2:01)
- Lesson 04 - The only major challenge for plant-based athletes (2:28)
- Lesson 05 - Maximum sports performance using natural steroids (3:35)
- Lesson 06 - Faster muscle recovery and less inflamation (1:06)
- Lesson 07 - Losing weight: Nutrition vs Exercise (3:10)
This course is Whole Food Plant-Based Certified.