How can I get enough protein and calories by eating only plants? What's the difference between plant protein and animal protein? Are fruits not healthy because they contain sugar? How does my body convert food into energy? Can I get iron from plants? What does a plant-based breakfast or lunch look like?
Where can I find a lot of great plant-based recipes? What's the difference between whole grain rice (e.g. brown rice) and white rice? What's with B12? What about pesticides? How can I deal with the social pressure from friends and family? What else besides nutrition could make me an overall healthier person?
This online course is made to empower you with knowledge that will allow you to answer these and many more questions, start eating a healthy vegan diet, and take a powerful first step towards the journey of transforming your body and health.
Whole Food Plant-Based Diet, proper plant-based diet, and healthy vegan diet are all terms for one same "lifestyle" or diet which is centered around consuming whole plant-based foods such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables, legumes, nuts, and green leafy vegetables, and excludes meat, eggs, and dairy.
No protein? On the contrary!
All plant proteins contain all essential amino acids. Apples, oranges, avocados, lentils, almonds, tomatoes, you name it!
Boring? On the contrary!
Soups, stews, salads, sandwiches, burgers, burritos, pasta, desserts, thousands of combinations and flavors!
Expensive? On the contrary!
A Whole Food Plant-Based Diet not only costs less than other diets, it costs several times less than some diets.
Hi, my name is Matija, but you can call me Matty!
As the instructor of this course, I relish the opportunity to interact with you and share ideas and inspiration! If you have any questions about the course, please contact me at [email protected] and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Biography - Matija Matty Biljeskovic - Has held more than 40 public lectures on the WFPB diet across Southeast Europe. Holds a Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate (CU, T. Colin Campbell CNS), a Certificate in Plant-Based Cooking (Rouxbe FOK), more than six years of practical experience in plant-based nutrition, and thousands of hours spent studying science on plant-based nutrition and the human body. A former Lincoln College soccer player with an MA and BA in Electrical Engineering. Enjoys swimming and eats a WFPB diet.
Raise Your Hand if You Want to Get Started
Please have a look at the course content to get an overview of the topics covered and watch the free video lessons to determine if this course is the right course for you.
- Lesson 01 - Why chocolate tastes soooooo good (10:08)
- Lesson 02 - Fiber the Traffic controllers (2:29)
- Lesson 03 - Carbohydrates and whole grains explained (2:27)
- Lesson 04 - Protein and amino acids explained (1:12)
- Lesson 05 - Antioxidants the Peacemakers (2:13)
- Lesson 06 - Negative ions: Why do we feel euphoric when it rains (1:28)
- Lesson 07 - Vitamins in supplements vs Vitamins in fruits and vegetables (3:35)
- Lesson 08 - Pesticides and GMO explained (3:50)
- Lesson 09 - Boxing match: Plants vs Animals (1:22)
- Lesson 01 - Cardiovascular disease: What really happened to mom (5:25)
- Lesson 02 - Overlooked nutrition lesson from World War II (2:37)
- Lesson 03 - GERD: Why do I keep having a heartburn (1:49)
- Lesson 04 - High blood pressure and salt explained (1:50)
- Lesson 05 - Diabetes and how the body turns food into energy (7:03)
- Lesson 06 - Cancer or cancerlet (7:46)
- Lesson 01 - Vegan does not automatically mean healthy (3:34)
- Lesson 02 - How to make a delicious plant-based breakfast (2:17)
- Lesson 03 - Simple, easy equation for lunch and dinner (2:26)
- Lesson 04 - Iron: Greens, greens, greens (1:47)
- Lesson 05 - What to drink when on a plant-based diet (1:08)
- Lesson 06 - Snacks and loving your guests (2:26)
- Lesson 07 - I can eat in every restaurant that you can eat in (3:40)
- Lesson 08 - Three ways to get Vitamin B12 (1:50)
- Lesson 01 - Where do plant-based athletes get their protein (2:19)
- Lesson 02 - Do plant proteins have to be combined (1:19)
- Lesson 03 - The Montenegrin secret: Milk (2:01)
- Lesson 04 - The only major challenge for plant-based athletes (2:28)
- Lesson 05 - Maximum sports performance using natural steroids (3:35)
- Lesson 06 - Faster muscle recovery and less inflamation (1:06)
- Lesson 07 - Losing weight: Nutrition vs Exercise (3:10)
This course is Whole Food Plant-Based Certified.